The Perfect Snack: Vanilla-Curry Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Entry #1520, August 27, 2012
Add a twist to your usual popcorn with this Vanilla-Curry Caramel Popcorn recipe. You will love the unique burst of vanilla-curry flavor combined with the sweetness of caramel. It will certainly change the way popcorn should be. So prepare all the ingredients and you will have a tasty popcorn snack in a few minutes.
Thanks Delish for giving us such a great caramel popcorn recipe!
Vanilla-Curry Caramel Popcorn
- 8 tablespoon(s) (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) agave nectar
- 2 teaspoon(s) mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 10 cup(s) popped popcorn, from 1/2 cup unpopped kernels
- Begin by popping the kernels in a popcorn popper. Some poppers require oil, others use only hot air.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions; for the recipes here, pop 1/2 cup popcorn kernels total. You may have to work in batches.
- Line 2 large sheet trays with waxed paper; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, agave, curry powder, and salt; bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil, without stirring, 4 minutes; remove pot from heat and carefully stir in vanilla and baking soda until well combined.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Working quickly, pour hot caramel over popcorn and use a spoon to coat evenly.
- Transfer to reserved sheet trays and spread out in an even layer.
- Set aside to cool completely, and then serve.
Remember to wipe the bowl and spoons with a paper towel dipped in oil so the caramel doesn’t stick. Turn on your television and watch your favorite movies with the whole family while enjoying this yummy snack. After all, who doesn’t love caramel popcorn with a twist?
For more great snacks and food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.