Weekend Craft: How To Make DIY Monogrammed Trophies
Entry #1785 November 4, 2012
If you have been trying to figure out a great gift to give, or just decorative ways to hold cut flowers, why not try monogrammed trophies? This DIY craft is perfect for the weekend and will be a welcomed customized gift. These could be great bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts for a wedding or for any other special occasion that a monogrammed trinket to remember the day will be cherished.
All images via
- All-purpose craft paint or glass paint (the quantity depends on the number of trophies you will make)
- Stencil brush or paint dauber
- Ceramic trophies (this can also be a ceramic mug, plate or other materials)
- Adhesive vinyl stencil
- Decorative flowers and foliage
- Floral foam and tape
- Silhouette cutting machine or simple blade cutter
- Make your desired artwork using a design software from your computer. This will serve as your guide. If your printer cannot cater a vinyl stencil, you can print the design on a piece of paper and make it as a guide. Cut your stencil using a silhouette cutting machine or a simple blade cutter. However, if you are not confident in doing this step, you can buy a pre-made adhesive stencil in your nearest craft store.
- Affix the stencil smoothly into your ceramic trophy. Make sure that the edge are properly attached.
- Apply color to the engrave design with stencil brush or paint dauber. Ensure that you didn’t miss a spot.
- Peel off the stencil slowly and carefully.
- Let it air-dry for a few hours or until it dries.
- Arrange your flowers and foliage creatively.
That’s all! You now have pretty and personalized monogrammed trophies.
For more DIY ideas on Stagetecture, click here.