New Year’s Breakfast: Scrambled Egg Muffin Sliders Recipe
Do you want to have a twist for your New Year’s breakfast? Get your cooking utensils ready and give this scrambled egg muffin sliders recipe a try. You don’t have to worry about the preparations since this recipe is easy to prepare and the ingredients are very common in your fridge or storage. You can serve this delicious treat in an hour or less.
Scrambled Egg Muffin Sliders
Image and Recipe via: My Recipes
- 6 bacon slices
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 12 to 14 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- Heat a 12-cup muffin pan in oven 5 minutes.
- Combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together buttermilk and egg; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in melted butter, cheese, and bacon. Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter into the hot muffin pan, filling almost completely full.
- Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan to a wire rack, and let cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, water, and Creole seasoning in a medium bowl. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add egg mixture, and cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of pan to form large pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not overstir.) Cut muffins in half, and spoon eggs over bottom halves. Cover with top halves of muffins.
You can now serve the delicious scrambled egg muffin sliders with hot chocolate or coffee. This recipe will certainly pump up your New Year mornings!
For more breakfast recipes on Stagetecture, click here.