Fresh Baked Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh baked breads in their home especially banana bread? Bananas are a great source of potassium. This is a mineral that your body needs to operate normally. Potassium helps your muscles and nerves communicate properly. If you want to supplement your body with potassium, eating a banana is a great source.
To enhance your eating pleasure, try a gluten-free banana bread. This is a delicious recipe that you can easily make at any time of the day.
Fresh Baked Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Image via: Two Peas and their Pod
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 4)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Image via: Recipe Girl
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour 1 cup boiling water over dates in a small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Lightly beat eggs with a whisk in a large bowl. Whisk in bananas and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- Stir together brown rice flour and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Gently stir flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring just until blended. Gently stir in melted butter, walnuts, and dates. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Indulge yourself with the sweet taste and aroma of the gluten-free banana bread. This recipe is a great dessert or snack when you’re alone or with the whole family.
For more food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.