Preparing for the Big Game: Bacon Wrapped Potatoes Recipe
Are you gearing up for the big game? Whether it’s the Super Bowl or just your favorite team, Stagetecture has you set for yummy finger foods over the next few weeks!
Watching your favorite game while eating a delicious finger food is such the perfect moment! Much more when you’re together with your family or friends. A perfect moment like this calls for excellent food. Try the Bacon Wrapped Potatoes recipe and you will surely have a treat! Thanks Southern Living for these great ideas.
Bacon Wrapped Potatoes
Image via: Southern Living
- 2 medium-size red potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 center-cut bacon slices
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces queso blanco pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (8-oz.) block pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Image via: Pinterest
- Place a lightly greased wire rack in aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle potato wedges with salt. Wrap each with 1 bacon slice. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 40 to 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and browned.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine queso blanco, next 3 ingredients, and onion mixture in a large microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes; stir and microwave 2 1/2 more minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
- Stir diced tomato and cilantro into queso blanco mixture. Serve dip with potato wedges.
The whole process will take approximately an hour and thirty minutes. But after you take a bite, you’ll definitely say – it’s worth the wait!
For more food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.