Entry #2007, January 13, 2012
If you are trying to find ways to creatively use your leftover ham, today’s breakfast recipe will be just what you are looking for. Quiche has always been one of my favorite breakfast meals because it combines eggs, and meat all in a flaky pie crust. I have often made a vegetarian variety and used spinach instead of ham and it still makes it delish!!
Savory Sunday Ham & Monterrey Cheese Quiche
Image via: She Knows
Original recipe makes 4 to 6 servings
2 (12 ounce) packages frozen hash brown potatoes
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup cooked diced ham
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Image via: Healthy food for living
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Squeeze any excess moisture from the potatoes and combine them with the melted butter or margarine in a small bowl. Press this mixture into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10 inch pie pan.
3. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 25 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven and arrange the ham and cheese evenly over the potatoes. In a separate small bowl, beat together the eggs and the cream. Pour this over the ham and cheese.
5. Return pan to oven and bake for 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until the custard has completely set.
For more breakfast recipes on Stagetecture, click here.