Wintertime Favorite: Winter Squash Recipe
Entry #2062, January 31, 2012
Are you craving for something healthy to eat for dinner this winter season? This winter squash recipe is a perfect for you. Squash is low in sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol. It is a good source of Thiamin, vitamin A, C and E, Niacin, potassium and calcium. These are essential nutrients that your body needs to stay healthy.
This recipe is so easy to prepare. You only have to do a few minutes of roasting the squash and baking some ingredients. The winter squash recipe will definitely satisfy your cravings for delicious food without the guilt feeling. Try this at home and have yourself a wonderful compliment to any meal. Thanks All Recipes for the recipe.
Wintertime Favorite: Winter Squash
Image via: All Recipes
- 1 (2 to 3-lb.) butternut squash
- 1 (2 to 3-lb.) spaghetti squash
- 1 (1 to 2-lb.) acorn squash
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Image via: Season with Spice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut butternut squash, spaghetti squash, and acorn squash in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place squash, cut sides up, on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Microwave butter and honey at HIGH 1 minute or until melted; stir until blended. Brush cut sides of squash with butter mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until tender; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into large pieces and serve.
- Roasted Acorn Squash: Omit butternut and spaghetti squash. Cut acorn squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut squash into 1/2-inch slices. Proceed with recipe as directed, decreasing bake time to 45 minutes or until tender. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired. Makes 4 servings. Prep: 10 min., Bake: 45 min.
That’s all you need to make this delicious squash recipe this winter. Garnishing this recipe with sage sprigs is optional but will certainly enhance its look. Pair it with your favorite drinks and enjoy a sumptuous treat.
For more food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.