Spring-Inspired Mango Tart Recipe
Entry #2393, May 7, 2013
Looking for a delicious spring tart recipe? Well, search no more. Here’s the mango tart recipe that you and your friends will surely love. It’s a delicious mango tart recipe that is so easy to prepare and quick to bake. You will love the taste of the lime pastry cream blended with strips of mango and kiwi.
Spring-Inspired Mango Tart
Image via: Good Housekeeping
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 tablespoon(s) cold butter (no substitutions), cut up
- 3 tablespoon(s) (or more, as needed) ice water
Lime Pastry Cream:
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter (no substitutions)
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated fresh lime peel
- 2 mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 peeled slice kiwifruit (optional)
Image via: Zen Can Cook
- Prepare crust: In food processor with knife blade attached, combine flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt; pulse until blended. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 1 hour. (If chilled overnight, let dough stand 30 minutes at room temperature before rolling.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll disk into 11-inch round. Transfer dough round to 9″ by 1″ round tart pan with removable bottom. Press dough onto bottom and up side of pan. Trim dough level with rim of pan; discard trimmings. Refrigerate or freeze tart shell 10 to 15 minutes to firm dough slightly before baking.
- Line tart shell with foil and fill with pie weights or dry beans. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and weights, and bake about 15 minutes longer or until golden. (Cover rim of tart with foil if browning too quickly.) If center of crust puffs up during baking, gently press down with back of spoon. Cool in pan on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Lime Pastry Cream: In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk to simmering on medium. In small bowl, whisk yolks and granulated sugar until blended. Mix in cornstarch until smooth. While constantly beating with wire whisk, gradually pour about half of simmering milk into egg-yolk mixture. Pour egg-yolk mixture into remaining milk in saucepan and cook, whisking constantly to prevent lumps, until mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute. Boil 1 minute, stirring. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in butter and lime peel. Transfer pastry cream in small bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming, and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Spoon pastry cream into baked tart shell and spread evenly. Arrange mango slices on top; place kiwifruit slice in the center. Remove tart from side of pan. Place tart, still on pan base, on serving plate. If not serving tart right away, cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
You should be able to serve at least 8 persons after the whole process. This mango tart recipe is perfect for family desserts, parties and gatherings.
For more desserts on Stagetecture, click here.