Sunday Homemade Granola Pancakes Recipe
Entry #2432, May 19, 2013
The weekend is family time where every member gathers together at home, and breakfast is a wonderful time to do this. Whether you decide to spend your weekend with a movie marathon or family leisure interest, a delectable breakfast should seal the deal. Serve this healthy granola pancakes recipe for the whole family. It’s the easiest way to enjoy tasty pancakes without backbreaking preparations.
Here’s how to cook the Sunday Healthy Granola Pancakes Recipe:
Sunday Homemade Granola Pancakes
Image via: Pinterest
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup uncooked multigrain hot cereal (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup granola (such as Special K Low Fat Granola)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Image via: Outbox 4
- Bring water and butter to a boil over medium-high heat in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and then stir in cereal. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk, granola, egg and honey until properly blended.
- Stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or nonstick skillet. Cook for at least 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Turn and cook for at least 2 minutes or until done. Keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.
The whole ingredients should yield at least a dozen of delicious pancakes. You can adjust the size, as desired. This is a tasty proof that you don’t have to give up the taste for a healthy option. It’s a breakfast treat that the whole family will surely love.
For more breakfast recipes on Stagetecture, click here.