DIY Wellness: Making your Own Summer-Inspired Citrus Soaps
Entry #2496, June 6, 2013
There is nothing better than waking up to fresh smelling soap! Whether you use it for your hands in the kitchen or on your body for a relaxing shower, there is something about a clean scent that awakens our senses. If you don’t want to pay for the high-priced varieties at your local boutique shop – why not try making it yourself? Try this summer-inspired citrus soap recipe to make at home and see how it awakens your day.
Image via: Etsy
If you have a sensitive skin, you can make your own soap that is mild and gentle to your skin yet tough on germs. Try doing this easy to make coconut citrus soap. The ingredients are all natural and don’t have harsh ingredients that may cause skin irritations.
- 1/3 of a block of Shea butter soap base
- 1 tablespoon of citrus zest
- 2 – 3 drops of orange essential oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- Plastic containers
Image via: Etsy
- Melt the soap base in a container in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- When it’s completely melted, add the zest, essential oil and coconut and after mixing together well pour into a container.
- After pouring the soap into the mold, sprinkle more zest or coconut on top.
- Let the soap harden for about an hour and then pop it out of the container.
That’s all you have to do! You now have your home-made coconut citrus soap. It has a wonderful scent of citrus and skin-softening effect of coconut oil. This is perfect for everyday use. Try it yourself and see how the coconut citrus soap enhances your skin.
For more wellness ideas on Stagetecture, click here.