Father’s Day Favorite: Apricot Pineapple Sweet Ribs Recipe
Entry #2519, June 12, 2013
There’s no question how fathers love to eat. As the saying goes, “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” Indeed, it’s true and perhaps effective! But who can resist a delicious serving of food on the table? Of course none! What is even better is a barbecue featuring barbecue ribs.
This coming Father’s Day celebration, why not treat your beloved father with this Apricot Pineapple Sweet Ribs recipe. This is a sumptuous rib recipe that will definitely highlight the celebration. It’s so easy to make and very hard to resist.
Apricot Pineapple Sweet Ribs
Image via: Rachel Ray
- 2 slabs baby back ribs (about 2 lbs. each)
- Rib Dry Rub
- Rib Liquid Seasoning
- Sweet Barbecue Glaze
- Remove thin membrane from the back of each slab by slicing into it and then pulling it off. (This will make the ribs more tender.) Generously apply Rib Dry Rub on both sides of ribs, pressing gently to adhere.
- Light one side of grill, heating to 250° (low) heat; leave other side unlit. Place slabs, meat sides up, over unlit side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 2 hours and 15 minutes, maintaining temperature inside grill between 225° and 250°.
- Remove slabs from grill. Place each slab, meat side down, on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. (The foil should be large enough to completely wrap slab.) Pour 1/2 cup of Rib Liquid Seasoning over each slab. Tightly wrap each slab in foil. Return slabs to unlit side of grill. Grill, covered with grill lid, 1 hour.
- Remove slabs; unwrap and discard foil. Brush Sweet Barbecue Glaze on both sides of slabs. Grill slabs, covered with grill lid, on the unlit side of grill 15 minutes or until caramelized.
The Apricot Pineapple Sweet Ribs recipe can serve at least 6 persons. The sweet taste of the sauce and the aroma of grilled ribs are the perfect combination for a sumptuous treat. Take the first bite and you will never leave anything on your plate!
For more summer recipes on Stagetecture, click here.