Entry #2573, June 27, 2013
The Fourth of July is right around the corner and it is time to celebrate! Celebrate freedom, celebrate life, celebrate good and happy times… So this year for the celebration why not change it up a little bit from the normal BBQ recipes to something with a little more spice and kick. The spicy shrimp sliders with celery mayonnaise will be a great addition to the menu. With its pop of heat and creamy flavorful sauce it is sure to bring smiles of delight to any party.
Summer Spicy Shrimp Slider Recipe
Image via: Ace Bakery
2 teaspoons of Dark Sesame Oil
24 Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 12 ounces)
1 tablespoon of fresh Garlic, minced and peeled
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher Salt, Divided
2 tablespoons of Celery, finely chopped
8 (1 1/4-ounce) Wheat Slider Buns
3 tablespoons of Canola Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of Plain 2% Reduced-Fat Greek Yogurt
2 teaspoons of Shallots, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon of Ground Red Pepper
1 teaspoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
8 small Bibb lettuce leaves
Image via: Red Book Magazine
- Preheat your boiler.
- Take out a large skillet and heat it at a medium-high heat. Add some oil to the pan, swirl it to coat. Next, add in the ginger and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Time to season the shrimp. Sprinkle the shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and put it into the pan. Let the shrimp cook for 3 minutes or until it is done. Keep in mind to keep the shrimp warm.
- Get the buns and place them single layer on a baking sheet, with the cut sides up. Broil them for 45 seconds or until the buns become toasted.
- Combine the celery, canola mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, shallots and the lemon juice in a medium bowl. Then stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper into the previous mixture.
- For the final touches, place one lettuce leaf on the bottom half of each bun. Top the lettuce with a tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture and 3 shrimps. Lastly, cover the layers with the top half of the bun and enjoy!
For more summer recipes on Stagetecture, click here.