Entry #2554, June 23, 2013
Sunday is definitely a family fun day! And what better way to start the day than having a sumptuous breakfast recipe for the whole family. This should pump up your body and have the strength needed for the rest of the day. Besides, who wants to miss a delicious breakfast anyway? No one.
Well, do you have any plan for Sunday’s breakfast? Try the delicious Praline Bacon recipe for the whole family. This will definitely boost your energy and start the day with a delicious treat. But the best feature of this recipe is that it’s so easy to prepare and quick to make.
Sweet & Crunchy Praline Bacon
Image via: Betty Crocker
- 1/2 lb bacon (8 slices)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Image via: Macon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place wire rack on foil.
- Arrange bacon in single layer on the rack. Bake 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together brown sugar and pecans.
- Turn bacon over; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
NOTE: Praline most commonly refers to pecans or almonds coated with caramelized sugar. This treat is thought to have originated from Louisiana where spices are not an uncommon addition to this sweet, crunchy delight.
Light or dark brown sugar can be used in this recipe. The dark brown sugar will give the bacon a deeper, more caramelized flavor.
You should be able to serve at least 8 family members for the whole ingredients. This Praline Bacon recipe is a great source of protein that your body need for all day activities. There’s no need for a dip but in case you want something, a blend of soy sauce and vinegar is a perfect combination. Make the most of your Sunday bonding with the Praline Bacon recipe on your breakfast table.
For more breakfast recipes on Stagetecture, click here.