DIY Decor: Creating Curtain Rods from Tree Branches
Entry #2622, July 6, 2013
Curtains play a vital role at home. It doesn’t only filter the sunlight and add privacy but also enhance the beauty of your home interior. The curtains can be a highlight of your interior design and will dictate the general ambiance of a certain area at home.
With curtains, your interior theme will be emphasized. This is very important especially if you want to do a quick makeover of your home interior. But it’s not only the curtain textile can make a difference. You can do something about the curtain rod too. For instance, using tree branches as your curtain rods will definitely command attention.
Image via: Laure Joliet
Here’s how to create curtain rods from tree branches:
- Fairly straight tree branches
- Garden cutting tools (like gardening lopers, pruning scissors)
Image via: Erin Patrice Carpenter
- Prepare all the materials needed. Make sure that you have the right tools for safety and accuracy.
- Carefully select the branches you gathered. Trim them so that tiny twigs will be removed. These tiny twigs may cause damage to your curtains if not cut.
- After the trimming, use the sandpaper to smoothen the surface of your tree branches. Do the sanding lightly so that the natural looks of the branches will remain.
- Cut 2 small pieces of the branch that you’re not using. Screw these pieces of branches into the wall as mounting mechanism.
- Loop your desired curtain in the branch before hanging.
Image via: BHG
You don’t have to paint the branches as it will look great as it is. Your home interior will never feel closer to nature with these curtain rods. It’s so amazing to look at these curtain rods and you’ll surely impress your guests with how these curtain rods display its natural beauty. This is an amazing project that you should try!
For more home decor ideas on Stagetecture, click here.