Mini Crab Cakes Recipe for your Summer Picnic
Entry #2656, July 15, 2013
Make your summer picnic memorable and fun with a delicious dessert recipe. Try this Mini Crab Cakes recipe that will surely grab hold of your taste buds. It’s a sweet temptation that is so hard to resist. This is one of kind cake recipe that you will never hesitate to bake again.
Mini Crab Cakes for your Summer Picnic
Image via: Call Him Yes Chef
- 1 (8-oz.) package fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 whole grain white bread slices
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Salt to taste
- Garlic-Chive Sauce
- Garnish: lemon slices
Image via: Five Star Foodie
- Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell. Pulse bread slices in a blender or food processor 5 times or until finely crumbled. (Yield should be about 1 1/2 cups.)
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in bread crumbs and crabmeat. Shape mixture into 16 (2-inch) cakes (about 2 Tbsp. each).
- Cook cakes, in batches, on a hot, large griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Season with salt to taste. (Keep cakes warm in a 200° oven for up to 30 minutes.) Serve with Garlic-Chive Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
That’s all you need to make the Mini Crab Cakes recipe. You should be able to serve at least 16 cakes using the whole ingredients. It’s so easy to make and won’t take much of our time to bake. Make sure that you set the temperature to medium-low heat. This is to avoid the crab to overcook and at the same time ensure a crisp crust. Garnishing may be optional but it should enhance the looks of your Mini Crab Cakes recipe. Have a fun-filled summer picnic!
For more summer recipes on Stagetecture, click here.