Autumn-Inspired Pecan Crusted Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
Entry #2724, August 7, 2013
Muffins are so easy to love and consume. Its soft and smooth texture can make you ask for more bite. Of course, it’s the delectable taste that makes muffins so popular. One of the best muffins that you have to taste is the Pecan Crusted Gingerbread Muffins. It is so delicious and you have the aroma, texture and the taste of a muffin that you’re looking for. But what makes it really good is that you can do it yourself. It is so easy to make and you don’t have to worry about messing up. Just follow a few steps and you can serve the delicious Pecan Crusted Gingerbread Muffins recipe for the whole family.
Autumn-Inspired Pecan Crusted Gingerbread Muffins
Image via: My Life Love Food
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large eggs
1 cup hot brewed coffee
1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
12 paper baking cups
Vegetable cooking spray
Image via: Jason and Shawnda via Flickr
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare Spiced Nut Streusel. Process flour and next 5 ingredients in a food processor until ginger is finely ground (about 1 minute).
- Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in applesauce until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine hot brewed coffee and molasses in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Place 12 paper baking cups in a 12-cup muffin pan, and coat cups with cooking spray. Spoon batter into cups, filling almost full. Sprinkle with Spiced Nut Streusel.
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to a wire rack, and cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
It’s done! You can now serve the delicious and mouth-watering Pecan Crusted Gingerbread Muffins. You can have this recipe for holidays, weekend bonding or any given day that you feel like eating muffins.
For more recipes on Stagetecture, click here.