Summer Breakfast: Mini Almond Bundt Cakes Recipe
Entry #2734, August 11, 2013
Who can resist a tasty cake or breakfast bread during your summer mornings? Perhaps, this sweet temptation will make you swoon. This summer, try this Mini Almond Bundt Cakes recipe to gather the whole family for a delicious breakfast treats. This recipe will definitely pump up your day with a sweet, tasty start.
Summer Breakfast: Mini Almond Bundt Cakes
Image via: Valley & Co Lifestyle
10 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans
6 tablespoon(s) sliced almonds
1/3 cup(s) coarsely chopped almonds
5 tablespoon(s) packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon(s) pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup(s) sour cream, or plain yogurt
2 cup(s) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
3 tablespoon(s) (or up to 4 tablespoons) milk
Image via: Delish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter six mini Bundt pans; set aside. Spread sliced almonds out on a baking pan, and toast until golden brown. Transfer nuts to a bowl to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped almonds, light-brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside. In another medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine 6 tablespoons butter and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg; beat until combined. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, and beat until smooth. Add 1/3 of reserved flour mixture and half of sour cream; beat to combine. Repeat. Add final third of flour mixture, and beat to combine.
- Fill each Bundt pan with 3 tablespoons batter, and spread evenly with a small offset spatula or spoon. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of reserved almond-spice mixture. Top with additional 3 tablespoons batter; the batter should come to within 1/2 inch of the rims of the pans.
- Bake until cakes are golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer cakes to a wire rack to cool completely. Unmold cakes. Place cakes, flat sides down, on a wire rack placed over a baking pan.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat until color turns nut brown, about 5 minutes. Pour butter into a medium bowl, leaving behind any dark sediment. Stir in confectioners’ sugar, remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla, and 3 tablespoons milk until smooth; add additional tablespoon milk, if necessary, so glaze is pourable. Drizzle glaze over cakes, and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve.
You should be able to serve at least 6 delicious Mini Almond Bundt Cakes for breakfast. If you want more, simply double the ingredients and you can have some more for snacks. This is an easy recipe that you can do anytime you want to serve a sweet and tasty cake for the whole family.
For more breakfast recipes on Stagetecture, click here.