Entry #2568, June 26, 2013
If you want to have a refreshing drink for the 4th of July celebration, this lemonade iced tea recipe is right for you. It’s a thirst-buster that is good for all ages. You can serve the lemonade iced tea to go with almost every item in your menu. No wonder that tea is considered as a relaxing drink.
Lemonade iced tea is getting popular these days. Not only because of its refreshing taste but also because of its nutritional value. Health experts recommend tea for people on a diet or those who want a healthy drink. To further convince you to try the lemonade iced tea, it’s a refreshing drink that is so easy and quick to make.
4th of July Lemonade Iced Tea
Image via: Ben Fink
- 3 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 (1-oz.) package fresh mint leaves (about 1 cup loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 (6-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Garnish: fresh citrus slices
Image via: Betty Crocker
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in fresh mint. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags and mint. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Pour tea into a 3-qt. container, and stir in 4 cups cold water and lemonade concentrate. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
Bourbon-Lemonade Iced Tea: Prepare recipe as directed, and stir in 1 cup bourbon. Makes 9 cups.
Spiced Dark Rum-Lemonade Iced Tea: Prepare recipe as directed, and stir in 1 cup spiced dark rum. Makes 9 cups.
Quench your thirst with this refreshing lemonade iced tea drink. It’s a perfect drink for the 4th of July celebration. This will definitely capture the taste of your guests. Make sure to have extra bags of tea and other ingredients, you might need them to refill empty jars.
For more summer food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.