Entry #2603, June 30, 2013
Grilled delicacies are heavy favorites when it comes to 4th of July celebration. Perhaps no one will argue that grilling is one of the best cooking methods that bring about the best of any ingredient. It provides a smoky flavor and roasted aroma. These features are so inviting and tempting to eat especially with friends and family.
This coming 4th of July, try this grilled summer vegetable recipe. It’s a healthy treat that everyone will surely love to eat. The grilled summer vegetable recipe is a perfect side dish to your main course. It’s an easy to make recipe that you can add to your menu.
4th of July Sides: Grilled Summer Vegetables
Image via: Food 4 Cook
- 4 leeks, green ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 baby eggplants, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup(s) Romesco Pesto
Image via: Thibeault’s Table
- Place leeks in a large bowl filled with cold water. Let stand 20 minutes; rinse under running water to flush out any remaining sand.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add zucchini and eggplant, tossing until coated.
- Grill vegetables 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until leeks are charred and zucchini and eggplant are tender. Peel off charred leek leaves. Arrange all vegetables on a platter with Romesco Pesto in a bowl on the side.
- To eat, dip vegetables into pesto or spoon onto each one individually.
You should be able to serve at least 4 persons using the whole ingredients. It’s so simple yet so delicious and nutritious. You definitely can’t ask for more of its flavor. This is one recipe that you have to place in your recipe list for future parties and gatherings, not just for the 4th of July celebration. Give it try!
For more summer food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.