Fall has to be the perfect season to cook meals that are homemade and delicious. The best part of this season is how many recipes bring out the nostalgia of the autumn air, cooler temperatures, and of course the comfort food that fills your home with delicious aromas. I was excited to pair with Hamilton Beach to try out their Set ‘n Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker With Spoon/Lid and choose one of my favorite slow cooker meals, a dessert of course!
Try this recipe and enter for your chance to win your own below!
I decided to try an apple dessert and chose this Dutch Apple Pudding Cake recipe. Not only did I love how I could start it in the morning and set and forget it, but it made the entire house smell delicious! Here’s how I enjoyed using the slow cooker.
All images by Stagetecture
Dutch Apple Pudding Recipe
Nonstick cooking spray
1 20 ounce can apple pie filling
1/2 cup dried cherries, dried cranberries, or raisins
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1 1/4 cups apple juice
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
Chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
Vanilla Ice cream (optional)
1. Lightly coat a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a small saucepan bring apple pie filling to boiling. Stir in cherries. Transfer apple mixture to prepared cooker.
2. In a medium bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and melted butter; stir just until combined. Stir in the 1/2 cup walnuts. Pour and evenly spread batter over apple mixture in cooker, spreading evenly.
3. In the same small saucepan combine apple juice, brown sugar, and the 1 tablespoon butter. Bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour apple juice mixture over mixture in cooker.
4. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Remove crockery liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Cool, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes.
To serve, spoon warm cake and its sauce into dessert dishes. If desired, top each serving with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe from BHG was really easy, but what made it better was the ability to set the slow cooker and walk away from it! I left the house, set the timer and when I came back home it had turned off and the house smelled delicious. The spring loaded hinges snap the lid down which I love, and it can be programmed for varying lengths of time. Thanks Hamilton Beach!
‘Pin to Win’ Giveaway
Ready for a chance to win a Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker?
How to Enter Giveaway:
1. Read through the Rafflecopter entry options. This contest wants you to pin your favorite slow cooker recipe image and URL on Pinterest from anywhere on the web onto our shared ‘Thanksgiving in Style” board.
2. Ask to join the Stagetecture group Pinterest board – ‘Thanksgiving in Style” with your email or username on the Rafflecopter entry. We will invite you to the board and then you can pin!
3. Follow all directions on Rafflecopter, including leaving #SlowCookerMeals in your description.
4. Leave a comment here on Stagetecture.com comments area of your favorite slow cooker meal you would make and include the URL for another chance! Need some ideas? Look through Stagetecture’s slow cooker recipes here. ‘IF YOU LEAVE A RECIPE URL, YOU STILL NEED TO ENTER IT AS AN ENTRY IN THE RAFFLECOPTER +1″
5. One winner will be chosen on Saturday, Oct. 25th at 9:00am EST. Check back to see if you won! Winner should fill out contact form to claim prize.
Note – Only open to continental U.S. residents. Must have a shipping address and not a P.O. Box for Hamilton Beach to mail you the prize if chosen.
Disclosure: I was sent a promotional slow cooker by Hamilton Beach for this post. All opinions, notes, and setup of the giveaway are on my own consent.
For more slow cooker recipes on Stagetecture, try one of these!