If you are trying to find ways to creatively use your leftover ham, today’s breakfast quiche will be just what you are looking for. Quiche has always been one of my favorite breakfast meals because it combines eggs, and meat all in a flaky pie crust. I have often made a vegetarian variety and used spinach instead of ham and it still makes it delish!!
Breakfast Quiche: How to Make Ham & Monterrey Cheese Recipe
Simple Quiche Ingredients:
Original recipe makes 4 to 6 servings
2 (12 ounce) packages frozen hash brown potatoes
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup cooked diced ham
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Quiche Recipe Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Squeeze any excess moisture from the potatoes and combine them with the melted butter or margarine in a small bowl. Press this mixture into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10 inch pie pan.
3. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 25 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven and arrange the ham and cheese evenly over the potatoes. In a separate small bowl, beat together the eggs and the cream. Pour this over the ham and cheese.
5. Return pan to oven and bake for 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until the custard has completely set.
Cheese Quiche Variations:
There are so many delicious cheeses you can add to your quiche to make it tasty! Look to our Bacon & Cheddar Quiche, Crab Quiche, and Spinach & Bacon Quiche recipes for more delicious variations. We’d love to know what additions do you put in your quiche. Spinach, bacon, mushrooms, chopped peppers. Share with us in the comments.
For more breakfast recipes on Stagetecture, click here.