A good brunch idea can often be a challenge to find, right? “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day…” is what we were told daily. And it’s very true, this meal starts off your day, however with all of the demands and daily routines sometimes there may not be enough time for the most important meal of the day, then we have to resort to brunch. Fortunately, here is a recipe that will satisfy both areas. It’s simple, easy to make and will keep you full during the day. So let’s not waste any time and jump right into your brunch recipe.
Brunch Idea: How to Make Breakfast Kolaches Recipe
Breakfast Kolaches Recipe
For the Bread
1 cup of warm milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 egg yolk
3 cups of bread flour
½ tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons of butter
¼ cup of white sugar
3 teaspoons of bread machine yeast
For the Filling
1 16 ounce package of frozen hash brown potatoes
8 slices of Cheddar cheese, quartered
or you can use fruit filling instead of sausage, hash browns and cheese
Brunch Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F for starters.
- Then begin with the bread, put the milk, egg, egg yolk, bread flour, butter, sugar, salt, and the bread machine yeast in a bread machine. Place it on the Dough cycle and press start.
- Get a large baking sheet and grease it lightly.
- Once the dough is finished with the cycle, then punch it down on a surface that has been lightly floured down and divide the dough into 36 pieces. Take each piece and roll it into a ball, and arrange them in a single layer on the greased baking sheet; set them about 2 inches apart. Put the sheet into the oven and allow the balls to rise for about 15-20 minutes.
- Next for your brunch recipe, take the balls out of the oven and flatten each of them. Make a depression in the center of them. Fill them with 1 piece of sausage, 1 quarter slice of cheese, and 1 tablespoon of hash browns.
- When all of the flatten balls have been filled then stick them back into the oven and let them bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until they have turned a lighten brown.
- Then take them out of the oven and enjoy! Plus idea can also be used with a fruit filling as well just look at the second image above.
Need more breakfast or lunch recipe ideas?
Country Living features some delicious brunch ideas on their site.
These brunch recipes from Bon Appetit will leave your mouth watering!
Take a look at Stagetecture’s brunch idea suggestions from our archives
Now there is no excuse you have your breakfast/brunch recipe. Life can get so exacting that you can forget to stop and eat. This brunch recipe will help you to curve that style of life, so you can have that energy and stamina to be your best. What are you waiting for? Get up and make yourself some breakfast today. Also, did you have any brunch recipes that you like to make to get you going through your day?
For more brunch ideas on Stagetecture, click here.