Entry #3080, December 8, 2013
A bite of cinnamon rolls for breakfast this holiday season is a superb way to start your day. The sweetness and texture of cinnamon rolls are just so hard to resist. So, why not make this delicious Cinnamon Roll recipe complete with cream cheese icing? This will definitely give you a sweet and delicious holiday breakfast treat.
Cinnamon Roll Recipe: Holiday Breakfast Idea
Image via: Half Baked Harvest
1 (1/4-oz.) envelope active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 to 1/2 cup bread flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup very soft butter
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing
Image via: Cooking Classy
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a 1-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Beat 1/2 cup softened butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 tsp. salt, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and next 2 ingredients, beating until blended. Stir in yeast mixture.
- Combine 4 1/2 cups bread flour and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup bread flour onto a flat surface; turn dough out, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes), adding up to 1/4 cup bread flour as needed to prevent dough from sticking to hands and surface. Place dough in a lightly greased large bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Punch dough down; turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16- x 12-inch rectangle. Spread with 1/2 cup very soft butter, leaving a 1-inch border around edges. Stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, and remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and sprinkle sugar mixture over butter.
- Top with pecans. Roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion, starting at 1 long side; cut into 16 slices (about 1 inch thick).
- Place rolls, cut sides down, in 2 lightly greased 10-inch round pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85º), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 22 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Brush rolls with Cream Cheese Icing. Serve immediately.
The whole ingredients make at least 16 Cinnamon Roll recipe with cream cheese frosting. Take your first bite and enjoy the rest of the rolls!
For more brunch ideas on Stagetecture, click here.