Nothing creates a holiday mood like candles. Their wavering light has a magical feel and makes people look stunning. What’s more, when the candle holders are as gorgeous as the people in the room, you have the perfect setting for a party. If you are planning to give unique presents this Christmas, make these DIY Christmas gifts. You can also give the candle holders as housewarming gifts. Your friends will never forget your lovely gesture and will think of you every time they look at their candle holders. Follow these simple instructions to make them.
DIY Christmas Gifts: Etched Candle Holders
Image via: The DIY Dreamer
Fast-acting etching cream
Glass candle holders (without any decorations)
- Place the adhesive stencils on the glass candle holders and smooth down the edges to prevent etching cream from slipping under them.
- Inspect all the areas where the etching cream will be applied to ensure that the stencil has no gaps.
- Put on your rubber gloves because etching cream can cause burns.
- Place the drop cloth on a flat surface and begin applying the etching cream on the gaps in the stencil.
- Leave the cream to dry for about 8-10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly in water (with your rubber gloves on).
- If you are etching different sides of the candle holder, repeat the process.
Image via: Burton Avenue
These DIY Christmas gifts make great decorations for any room. You can add lovely words to warm your friends’ hearts. Each time they light candles in their homes, they will see your sweet messages written on their candle holders. Candles make great gifts and are must-haves in beautiful settings. They bring a lovely glow to any environment and are perfect for holiday parties. For the best glow, use tea lights and put a little rice in the candle holders to keep the lights in place.
Who will you make these etched candle holders for on your holiday list?