Looking for a cool gumball machine DIY craft to make? Making one’s own gumball machines is really simple and a lot of fun. Even kids can help making and decorating this DIY craft. They are perfect for any birthday of holiday party, even for or wedding. Since you can make them in any desirable size, making small ones will make cute favors or presents for any occasion. The gumball machines are great not only as candy dispensers, but for really anything, like crackers or cookies. Why not give away your homemade goodies in this sweet package?
DIY Craft: How to Make Your Own Gumball Machine
1 wooden ball, which you can find in a craft store
1 wooden doll pin stand, which you can find in a craft store
1 round bubble bowl of matching size
How to make a Gumball Machine:
- Paint the pot and the base, the ball and the doll pin in the color of your choosing. Let it dry completely.
- Place the pot upside down and apply some glue on to the bottom. Now attach the bowl so it looks like a gum ball machine. Let the glue dry.
- Turn the saucer upside down and glue the ball onto the center top. Let it dry.
- Glue the doll pin to the front of the pot, so it looks like a gum ball opening.
- Place the saucer-lid on the top of the bowl and you are done!
(This gumball machine isn’t operational from a hole in the front. Instead, lift off the saucer-lid to access the food inside!)
The options to customize and personalize this cute diy craft dispenser are limitless. Use other items instead of the wooden bowl, like small plastic toys or decorative items or use another cute item as an opening. You could even don’t make a fake opening and just write a cute message on the pot. Ribbons are also great for decorating the gumball machines. They can be even part of a themed party. Just use themed knobs instead of the wooden balls and matching colors. How fun would it be to make gumball machines in black, red and white, using some Mickey Mouse heads instead of the wooden balls for a Mickey Mouse birthday party?
For more DIY ideas on Stagetecture, click here.