Entry #2285, April 11, 2013
Let’s put the dishes away…on the wall! How many of you have a number of plate sets that you never use or bring out? Did you ever think of using them for wall decoration? Either they are china which are only to be used for special occasions, or forgotten sets that were put in the back of the cabinets, or just plates that we switched out for some new ones that we purchased from another store . Well, however we may have obtained these dishes is not the point but what to do with them now is? How about using your plates as wall art? That’s right a plate wall.
Image via: HGTV
- Plate Hangers
Image via: Reese Dixon
- Find a space on your wall, especially in places were you wouldn’t or couldn’t put pictures. Such as archways, narrow walls, small spaces above the windows or high places that you would want to put pictures.
- Next, decide on which plates that you would like to use. Plates with designs, color, words, architecture, etc. work best you want to choose plates that will best compliment the space that it will be in
- Come up with a way you want the plates to be displayed. Like if you want them to go into a diagonal/vertical/horizontal line, circular shape, abstract patterns or no arrangement at all just plates on the wall. It is completely up to you.
- Purchase plate hangers, which are inexpensive and very easy to find, and the plate hangers will go onto the plates. Hook the plate hanger to the top of the plate and expand the spring of the plate hanger in order to hook the other end to the bottom of the plate.
- Take each plate that you have the plate hangers on and nail one by one each plate on the wall in the order in which you wished. Now if plan on making the plate wall a collection or memorabilia plate collage then leave room so you can add more as time goes on. And there you have it your very own plate wall.
- Another way to display plates on a way is by using a plate rack.