Do your children love fairies and fairy lights? Get them to help you make this easter projects. If they love crafts and fairies, they will love this simple one where they transform egg cartons into flowers. Egg cartons are versatile, they can make beautiful mirrors and other wonderful crafts. Use your egg carton flower lights around your home or at parties. Make them the pièce de résistance at your next get-together and see if your family and friends won’t be blown away. Follow these easy instructions to make them.
Easter Decorations: How to Make Egg Carton Flower Lights
Image via: Creative Ideas
Image via: All You
Easter Craft Supplies:
Different colored egg cartons – preferably cardboard
Image via: Upcycled-Wonders
Easy Easter Crafts Directions:
- Use the scissors to cut out the “cup” of the egg cartons. Cut away the extra cardboard surrounding the “cup.”
- Trim the edges of each “cup” to create lovely petals.
- Repeat the process for two additional “cups” making each one smaller than the other. The smallest one can have 3 petals instead of 4.
- Place the flowers on top of each other starting with the smallest and ending with the largest.
- Insert the wire into the holes in the middle of each flower. Fasten it to secure the flowers together. Make sure it extends from the hole so that it can attach the flower to a branch.
- Make a small slit on the interior part of the innermost flower starting at the middle hole.
- Insert the LED light into the slit.
- You can make your flowers decorative by punching holes on the petals using the hole punch. If you don’t have a hole punch, use a sharp instrument.
- Attach the flowers to a branch or a wire from the back.
Image via: Create My Event
Easter Crafts for Kids
Trying to think of creative Easter crafts to do with kids this season? Search Stagetecture’s Easter archives for Easter Crafts for Kids.
What do you usually do with your egg cartons when the eggs are finished? Toss them out? Try this DIY craft project and you’ll never think of throwing your egg cartons again. You can place the lights in your porch or indoors. Either way, they will look breathtaking! You can use one egg carton or use differently colored ones. Egg cartons with different colors create a whimsical look. Make sure you use LED lights. They are brighter and energy-efficient.
For more easy Easter crafts on Stagetecture click here.