Entry #2513, June 11, 2013
Father’s Day is just around the corner. It’s the time of the year that we celebrate the love we have for our fathers. People have different way to celebrate this occasion like family gatherings, picnics, parties or even a simple family dinner will do. But any of these is perfect when you’re together as one loving family.
If you’re planning to host the Father’s Day celebration, grilled recipe is a must! But don’t you think that you can only grill meat products. Have you tried grilling a watermelon? Yes, you read it right. And not only that it’s grilled but also spicy. This is definitely mouth-watering and fiery recipe that will pump up the celebration. This is so easy to prepare and quick to grill, which is perfect for a side dish. Get your grilling equipment ready and prepare the ingredients. Here’s how to make the delicious grilled spicy watermelon recipe for the Father’s Day celebration: Thanks HGTV for this recipe!
Honey Grilled Spicy Watermelon Recipe
Image via: Pinterest
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce
- Pinch salt
- 1 medium watermelon
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
Image via: Food
- Preheat grill to high.
- In bowl, whisk together lime zest, juice, half of the honey, garlic chili sauce and salt.
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch-thick wedges. Lightly drizzle each side with remaining honey, and place on grill in batches. Grill until just browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place watermelon slices on a plate, and drizzle with lime dressing. Garnish with cilantro.
Pretty quick, right? You can now enjoy the zesty grilled watermelon. If you have all the ingredients as indicated, you should be able to serve at least 10 persons. You can also accompany this recipe with chicken, ribs or shrimp. Don’t forget to garnish it with a fresh organic cilantro. This savory side dish will surely impress your father and other family members as well.
For more summertime recipes on Stagetecture, click here.