Entry #2500, June 7, 2013
It’s almost Father’s Day and that means BBQ Time! We all enjoy the times when we can gather together in good company with our friends and family to laugh, to have a good time and to best of all eat! That is what a great Barbecue brings to any household that is holding one and what a greater barbecue delight it will be to have a BBQ pork sandwich on the menu. The BBQ Pork Sandwich is filled with smoked shredded pork roast, sweet coleslaw, and spicy barbecue sauce containing all the delicious flavors that explode in our mouths with each goody bite. Try out the recipe below and you will not be disappointed.
Father’s Day Picnic: BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Image via: Food Network
Cook Time: 4 hr. 0 min
- 4 pound Shoulder Pork Roast
- 2 cups of Apple Juice
- 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire
- ½ tablespoon of Liquid Smoke
- ½ tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 6 Soft Hamburger Buns with Seeds
- BBQ Sauce
- Cole Slaw
For the Dry Rub:
- 2 tablespoons of Salt
- 2 tablespoons of Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Paprika
- ½ tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
Image via: Scottsdale Living
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix all of the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl, then sprinkle the pork roast completely with the dry rub. After the pork roast has been completely coated with the dry rub then cover it with plastic and put it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Combine the garlic powder and the liquid ingredients in a medium bowl and pour into a large Dutch oven (A large pot or kettle made of cast iron with a tight fitting lid). Place Pork in the oven and tightly cover with aluminum foil then the lid for the oven. Roast the pork for at least 4 hours or until fork tender and shreds easily. Make sure to brush the roast with the cooking liquid every hour.
- When the pork is done remove it from the oven and let it stand until it is cool enough to handle. Shred the pork with a fork or tongs into bite size pieces.
- Lastly serve the pork on hamburger buns with any type of Bbq sauce and cole slaw.
For more recipes on Stagetecture, click here.