Gluten free desserts are undoubtedly healthy but many people are not fond of them simply because they are supposedly as not as delicious as desserts should be. However, eliminating gluten from the food does not mean sacrificing flavor too. Check out this tender and juicy poached pears recipe that is yummy and unexpectedly easy! We also give you resources for more delicious desserts and gluten free dining ideas.
Gluten Free Desserts: Delicious Poached Pears
Gluten Free Desserts Ingredients:
This preparation can be served to 4 persons
- Take a small saucepan, put it on the stove, and set the heat at medium-high.
- Pour the wine and juice from orange and lemon and add sugar, vanilla extract, cloves, cinnamon, and one of the squeezed orange quarters on the saucepan.
- Once the mixture is boiling, turn down the heat to simmer and add the pears.
- Keep them cooking for at least 25 minutes until the pears become tender and can easily be pierced with a fork or knife. During this time, do not put a lid on the saucepan and keep turning the pears occasionally.
- Scoop the pears out of the mixture and put each of them on separate plates.
- Now, remove the spices and orange quarter from the mixture and simmer the liquid for nearly 15 minutes until it is thickened and becomes syrupy.
- Keep the syrup in the refrigerator to become cool. After that, pour it over the pears and serve!
Looking for more special occasion dessert recipes?
These dessert recipes are perfect any time of the year!
This recipe maximizes the natural sweetness of the pears and adds a touch of delicacy with the nice flavors of cinnamon and vanilla. You can enjoy this gluten free dessert at any time. We also love these 30 gluten free desserts from Real Simple.
If you’re looking for a great gluten free blog we love the Gluten Free Girl! Some of these gluten free recipes already have our mouth watering!
This recipe is perfect for slightly underripe pears. To add an extra punch of taste, serve each of the pears with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
For more delicious desserts on Stagetecture try this slow cooker blueberry cobbler!