Entry #3037, November 21, 2013
Looking for something apart from Pumpkin pie this holiday season for dessert? Try this maple pumpkin custard this Thanksgiving. Sweetened with splash of maple syrup and speckled with some ginger and cinnamon, it features all the flavors of fall. For the pumpkin enthusiasts, here’s the fabulous dessert recipe.
Holiday Maple Pumpkin Custard Dessert
Image via: Jess Cygan
Total time: 3 hours
Yields: 8 servings
8 large egg yolks
2 cups whipped cream
1-cup solid canned pumpkin
½-cup maple syrup
¼-cup brown sugar
½-teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-teaspoon vanilla essence
A pinch of ground cloves
Pinch of salt
Image via: BHG
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Whisk egg yolks, cream, maple syrup, pumpkin, vanilla, brown sugar, salt and spices in a large bowl until smooth. There should not be any lumps visible.
3. Pour the filling evenly among 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins.
4. Place the filled custard cups on a rimmed baking pan. Fill the pan halfway up the sides of the custard cups with boiling water.
5. Now bake them for 25-30 minutes. They should jiggle a little from the center when you remove them.
6. Allow to cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
7. Serve garnished with sweetened whipped cream and crystallized ginger.
This Holiday Maple Pumpkin Custard Dessert Recipe is a sweet end to any holiday feast. But be sure to give it a trial run before the big day.
For more holiday ideas on Stagetecture, click here.