Who doesn’t love Easter baskets during this season, especially ones that are edible?! Easter festivities just like any other, are a reason to make delicious food. Of course we modify our eats and treats as per the mood of the occasion. Easter, is very special for our kids as it brings forth an important lesson of promise. Certainly, we can’t load the little ones with serious facts but we sure can narrate stories using interesting props. This birds nest Easter basket dessert is one such Kids Easter Treat that helps us mix a doze of fun and frolic with the story of Easter. Won’t it be fun to have your kids help you prepare these Bird Nests while you pass on the message of Easter!
How to Make Birds Nest Easter Baskets Desserts
Image via: BHG
Easter Party Ideas:
Easter is the perfect time for kids and adults alike to gather and celebrate the holiday. These Easter baskets birds nests would be perfect for a party, brunch or as party favor treats to wrap in clear bags and tie with a pretty bow for guests to take home. These desserts will stay fresh once wrapped up and we love these Easter Party gift bags to wrap them in.
Easter Dessert Ingredients:
4 cups chow mein noodles
3 tbsp butter
3 cups miniature marshmallows
30 small jellybeans or chocolate shelled candy eggs – Cadbury Mini Eggs are the best!
Marshmallow candy birds – We love the Peeps Chicks brand candies you can get here.
Easter Dessert Directions:
- Place foil on a cooking sheet and spray it with cooking oil.
- Transfer the noodles into a large bowl.
- In another bowl melt the butter and marshmallows. This has to be done over medium heat and the contents need to be stirred continuously.
- Now pour the butter marshmallow mix onto the noodles and stir to ensure that the noodles are well coated with the mixture.
- Use your hands to form 6 small balls of the noodle mix. You may grease your hands with some oil. Place these balls on the foil and press the center of each, so as to make a small indent.
- Let the nests set for a while.
- Fill the center of each nest with small jelly beans.
- Ready to serve.
This Easter Baskets Dessert can in fact offer a lot of variety for your Easter party. You could choose a plethora of other food items to replace the jelly beans. For instance, you can use peanuts, almonds, chocolate coated raisins etc. You can also use mini gums and M&M’s. There is literally a huge variety to choose from. You can in fact even mix a few choco chips along with the noodle mix to add an extra dimension to the recipe. Do share your thoughts on this one. We would love to hear from you!
Click here for more Easter Recipes!