Entry #468, April 4, 2011
With Easter coming at the end of April and spring warmth and inspiration abounding, it is never too early to think about beautiful table centerpieces to set the scene. While Easter is the focus of many family get-together meals, spring ideas are perfect for Sunday brunches, birthdays, anniversaries, or just to have a seasonal table centerpiece on your table throughout spring.
Look at these ideas from Southern Living for Spring & Easter Table Centerpiece Ideas.
Nest of Sweets
1. Taking a ball of green Spanish moss in your hands, hollow out an opening with your thumbs.
2. Hold the formed nest in place by wrapping a single strand of florist wire around the outside edge of the moss.
3.Place twigs cut from the garden on a salad plate, top with the nest, and fill it with pastel Jordan almonds.
4.Finish with a silk butterfly.
Wire silk butterflies to the stems of Champagne glasses.
If hosting a shower, make a take-home gift for the honoree. Assemble a second, smaller arrangement, leaving room for a ceramic statue in the center.
Butterfly Garden Arrangement
1. Start by positioning water-soaked florist foam in a pedestal bowl. Any ceramic container will work.Cover the top of the foam with decorative sheet moss, hiding all edges.
2. Cut snapdragon stems at an angle, and insert them into the foam. The flowers and stems should be 12 to 15 inches long. You will need about 12 stems spaced evenly.
3. Repeat with ranunculus, varying the stem lengths. Use taller flowers in the center and shorter ones on the sides.
4. Carefully hold the bottom of each ranunculus stem when inserting it. If it is crushed, insertion will be difficult and blooms will wilt quickly. You will need about 24 ranunculus.
For more Easter ideas on Stagetecture, click here.