Wedding reception centerpieces are the perfect place to bring your wedding theme to life! Glass bottles and mason jars have lately become top favorite items used for decoration. Their use is inspired by the high popularity of the adorable ‘cottage’ style trend, which brings cozy shabby chic feeling and romantic ambiance. Their simplicity in shape is a perfect ‘base’ for featuring flowers, candles, and other decorative elements, which provides an excellent opportunity for using them in charming wedding table centerpiece compositions.
How to Create Romantic Wedding Reception Centerpieces
Beach Wedding Tips offer to your attention several ways to add glass bottles and mason jars to your wedding table décor:
Use these ideas to make stylish wedding flower arrangements
These cute little glass jars can be used in various ways in the wedding table centerpiece composition… Take a look at these ideas:
Cheap Wedding Centerpieces made from Mason Jars
- As vases. Mason jars can hold beautiful flower arrangements of little bouquets of fresh flowers or tender baby’s breath, or even feature a single flower. Use jars of different sizes and color of the glass; painted mason jars or those covered with various relief coatings, such as glitter, sand, seashells, etc., are a wonderful choice!
- As coquette candle holders. Little tea light or fragrant candles placed in transparent and colored glass mason jars look so charming with the soft flames flickering against the curved glass. You can have one part of the jar filled with sea water or beach sand to hold the little candle higher.
Image via: Krum Krumov for Beach Wedding Tips
- As containers for ‘all things nice’. Mason jars are usually used to hold yummy things like sweet jams, tasty canned vegetables, and even fragrant herbs. But on the wedding table you can fill them with other nice things such as little colorful pebbles, glass beads, little seashells, colorful sand, candles, flower petals, glitter, and even sweets! When using the jars in this way, you can display them either open, or closed with metallic caps or with a piece of cloth fastened with a string of twine or with a thin ribbon. This will definitely add more color and charm to the entire centerpiece composition.
- For yet more romantic feel and beautiful presentation, wrap the jars entirely or partially in tender tulle and lace, or in rustic burlap and nautical twine, or you can just tie around their ‘neck’ ribbons, twine strings, lace etc.
Image via: Nadia Meli for Beach Wedding Tips
Glass bottles make perfect wedding table decorations
With their elegant elongated shape, glass bottles make the perfect decorative element to use in a wedding table centerpiece composition.
- As a focal point. Standing higher than the other elements of the wedding table centerpiece composition, tall bottles of different height and color of the glass can be successfully used in the table decoration as a beautiful focal point, single or in an ensemble. They bring balance in the entire architecture of the centerpiece, too, as their elongated shape contrasts the low-profile dimensions of the other used items.
- As a stand for other items. Bottles can be graceful vases for fresh flowers or baby’s breath bouquets, a single long-stem flower or a thin branch. Often, they can be finished with a whimsical decorative top, be it a bouquet of artificial paper flowers or a large decorative bottle stopper. Bottles can also serve as original candlesticks to hold either tall candles or, on the contrary, tiny glittering tea light candles placed intimately inside.
Image via: Riverland Studios for Beach Wedding Tips
- Standing or lying. Bottles are most often used as decorative items standing gracefully tall among other decorations. But they can also be placed in a horizontal position with the same success for achieving a highly original effect. A message bottle lying on the table, covered with sand, seashells and sea algae, can itself become a most original centerpiece of the entire wedding table centerpiece!
- Empty or filled. In any of the above described uses, bottles can be displayed either empty or filled. Depending on the particular decorative composition, bottles can be filled with water, beach sand or colorful sand, little pebbles, seashells, flower petals, glass beads, and more!
Image via: Donna Cheung Photography for Beach Wedding Tips
- Transparent, painted or dressed. What makes bottles a top favorite decorative item is, that there are no limits to their presentation. You can use bottles of transparent or semi-transparent glass, colored glass, painted glass… the options are so many! They can be covered entirely or partially with a ‘coat’ of paint, glitter, sand, seashells, various relief coatings, etc. You can glue on them labels or other artistic decorative ornaments of various original designs, too. The best part however is that bottles can be “dressed” in so many creative ways! They can be all wrapped in tulle, lace, rustic burlap, twine, etc. tissues and will look stunning! Why?! You can even “dress” two bottles as the ‘Mr & Mrs’ wedding couple!
For more wedding tips on Stagetecture, search our wedding archives here.