Entry #2331, April 23, 2013
Making the most of your vegetables at home calls for a tasty burger recipe. This Savory Veggie Black Bean Burgers recipe is best for people who want it healthy and delicious. This recipe can be served to your vegetarian guests. The vegetable including all the ingredient are undoubtedly nutritious.
The Savory Veggie Black Bean Burgers recipe is perfect for people on the go. It is easy to prepare and can be eaten in a rush. This is perfect for people who want to enjoy a tasty burger without any guilt of accumulating too much calories.
Savory Veggie Black Bean Burgers
Image via: Smells Like Home
3 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups uncooked oats
1 medium onion, diced
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 hamburger buns
- Coarsely mash the beans with a fork or potato masher.
- Mix together the mashed beans, oats, and next 5 ingredients.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Mix together the flour and cornmeal; dredge patties in flour mixture.
- Let the oil get hot in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; drain on paper towels.
- Serve on buns ( toasted buns work well).
Now that’s how to do it – quick and easy. The Savory Veggie Black Bean Burgers recipe can be enjoyed even those who aren’t vegetarian. It’s packed with flavors and aroma of a delicious burger that you will love to eat. This will certainly deserve a spot in your best burger recipe list.
For more food recipes on Stagetecture, click here.