A delicious beef stroganoff recipe is perfect when the cooler weather starts to set in! With the working days back to our life, some easy slow cooker healthy recipes will be the lifesaver for those who work a 9 to 5 job. Betty Crocker has featured a classic slow cooker recipe – Crockpot beef stroganoff – that can be a delicious addition to our busy life.
Slow Cooker Recipe: How to Make CrockPot Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff Ingredients
2 pounds beef stew meat
6 cups hot cooked rice or noodles
6 ounces or 1 jar of Green Giant mushrooms (sliced and drained)
10 and ¾ ounces or 1 can of thick cream of onion soup
10 and ¾ ounces or 1 can of thick golden mushroom soup
8 ounces or 1 container of sour cream
8 ounces or 1 package of cream cheese (cubed)
1 cup chopped onion
¼ teaspoon pepper
Beef Stroganoff Directions
- Take a three and half or a four and half quart Crock pot. Mix beef stew meat, mushrooms, soups, onion, and pepper into it.
- Cook the mixture on low heat with the lid on for 8 to 10 hours or until the beef becomes very soft and tender.
- Stir in cream cheese and keep stirring until the cheese is melted. After that, stir in sour cream into the mixture.
- Serve the Stroganoff over hot cooked rice or noodles. Garnish with chopped, fresh parsley if you like.
Easy Beef Stroganoff Cooking Tips
- Cleaning the slow cooker is often a mess and not a pleasant job to do just after enjoying a delicious dinner. Make the cleaning job easier by using a liner in the Crockpot.
- Use frozen turkey meatballs if you are not a fan of beef.
- Using pre-chopped refrigerated onions will save your time and tears. Just thaw them before adding to the beef mixture.
- Mascarpone is a good option if you want to substitute cream cheese. It will bring a slightly sweeter taste o your stroganoff and is soft enough to stir right in the beef mixture.
Slow Cooker Healthy Recipes
Having beef stroganoff at the comfort of your home is good and it is even better when you let your slow cooker do all the work! It saves your time and effort and can make once weekend special stroganoff a weeknights meal. This version of stroganoff features tender beef cooked in a creamy sauce, which anyone can hardly dislike.
Prepare this Crockpot beef stroganoff in the morning before work and you’ll come home ready to serve a delectable dish your entire family can enjoy!
For more slow cooker recipes on Stagetecture, click here.