Crunchy juicy salads, the kinds that make a munching noise in your mouth as you chew form very refreshing meal options. And aren’t refreshing meals a perfect complement to the spring! So bring out the flavorsome strawberries, crunchy spinach and soft juicy chicken on a platter and get ready for the most healthy and refreshing meal that you have ever had. The beautifully contrasting and yet complementing colors of this spring salad make this delectable meal a treat for the eyes too! So what are we waiting for.
Spring Salad: Chicken and Strawberry Salad
Image Via: Closet Cooking
2 chicken breasts, cubed or sliced as per choice
2 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
1 pint strawberries, sliced
100 g crumbled goat cheese
100 g candied pecans
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Image Via: Strawberry Sue
- Place an iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add to it cut chicken, 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Cook until the chicken browns and gets fully cooked. It should take about 10 minutes. The juice also should have almost dried up by now.
- Remove from heat and let the chicken cool off.
- Take a salad bowl and spread the spinach. You can use your hands to roughly cut it.
- Now lay the strawberries, goat cheese and candied pecan on the spinach.
- Spray the remaining vinaigrette and olive oil on the salad bowl contents.
- Top with chicken.
The best part about this spring salad is the fact that it can be served both warm and cold. That gives your taste buds a greater choice to choose;) That also increase the accompaniment drink options. You can try out walnuts instead of pecans and add cranberries too. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients as per your choice! However do not forget to share it with us:)
Click here for more Spring Salad Recipes!