Entry #2647, July 12, 2013
Let’s make your summer warmer and sweeter with this Sweet Summer Peach Warm Pudding recipe. It’s a juicy peach pudding dessert that’s perfect for your summer outdoor party. You will certainly love the texture and taste of this delicious summer dessert. This is so easy to prepare and will probably find almost all the ingredient in your fridge.
Sweet Summer Peach Warm Pudding
Image via: Pixie Wishes Forehead Kisses
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 1/2 peaches, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 1 lb.)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350º. Sift together first 7 ingredients; sift again.
- Process chopped peaches in a food processor or blender until smooth. (Yield should be 2 cups puree.) Stir in buttermilk.
- Beat butter and sugar at high speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add peach mixture, and beat until well blended.
- Layer sliced peaches in a greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Fold flour mixture into butter mixture. Pour batter over sliced peaches in pan. Place pan in a large roasting pan, and add boiling water to roasting pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350º for 50 minutes or until set. (Pudding will still be moist.) Serve warm or cold with ice cream.
The whole process should make at least 10 servings of the Sweet Summer Peach Warm Pudding dessert. It takes about an hour to cook but this recipe is worth the wait. This recipe is also perfect for weekend picnics, family gatherings and parties.
For more summer recipes on Stagetecture, click here.