A delicious pumpkin soup recipe is perfect for fall! The days are growing shorter, the leaves are turning brown, and the temperature is finally starting to drop. What better way to celebrate the changing of seasons with some delicious warm pumpkin recipes for the autumn season that will help you beat the chill? Enjoy the bounty of autumn’s harvest with this warming, seasonal Thai Pumpkin soup recipe.
Thai Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Yields: Serves 6
Pumpkin Soup Recipe Ingredients:
1 ½ Kg peeled and roughly chopped pumpkin or winter squash.
4 tablespoon vegetable/olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 slightly bashed lemongrass
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
3-4 tablespoon red curry paste
3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
½ tablespoon lemon juice
½ tablespoon salt and pepper
1 sliced red chili (optional)
Spicy Pumpkin Soup Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Toss pumpkin on a baking tray and coat with little oil and seasoning. Roast until tender and golden (approx 25-30 minutes). Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a saucepan with ginger, onion, and lemongrass. Gently cook for 5-7 minutes until softened. Stir in the curry paste, roasted pumpkin, stock, and coconut milk (set aside 3 tablespoon of coconut milk). Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes and then fish out the lemongrass.
3. Let it cool for few minutes, and then whizz to puree with a hand blender or in an electric blender in batches.
4. Return to the saucepan to heat. Add salt, pepper, lime juice, and sugar to taste. Sprinkle the reaming coconut milk and serve with scattered red chili, if you like.
5. Easy to prepare, this sweet and spicy Thai pumpkin soup will surely make a satisfying, warming autumn meal or a delicious appetizer for your crisp autumn bash.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes? Check out these:
Our 35 Pumpkin Recipes will have you craving more recipes with pumpkin!
What are your favorite pumpkin recipes for the fall?
Take a look at these ideas from around the web.
For healthier pumpkin dishes look to All Recipes Healthy Pumpkin Dishes
Don’t have fresh pumpkins on hand? These 50 Canned Pumpkin Recipe Ideas are good to try.
What favorite pumpkin recipes will you try this season? Make sure you don’t forget our pumpkin roll recipe for dessert!