Entry #3187, January 11, 2014
Mushrooms, Parmigiano cheese and lasagna make a great combination. If you want a healthy, filling meal, than go ahead and try this great recipe from Cooking Light. Add a green salad for a side dish and you will need nothing more.
Savory Vegetarian Mushroom Lasagna
Image via: Pinterest
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 cups chopped shallots (about 4)
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk, divided
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Image via: Good Housekeeping
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Combine the boiling water with the porcini, cover them and let them stand for about 30 minutes. Strain the mushrooms using a cheesecloth lined sieve but make sure to save the strained water.
- Take a large skillet and melt the butter over medium to high heat. Add about 1 tbsp. oil and swirl a little to coat the skillet’s surface. Add the shallots and sauté for 3 minutes. Now, add the cremini and the exotic mushrooms, half of the salt and half of the pepper. Cook for about 6 minutes or until the mushrooms are browned. Now, add the thyme and half of the garlic cloves. Cook for 1 minute and stir in the wine. Let it come to a boil. Cook for about 1 minute or until the wine evaporates. Don’t forget to scrap the pan so the browned bits are combined into the sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream cheese and 1 tbsp. chives. Now it’s time to add the porcini mushrooms.
- Take a saucepan and heat it over medium to high heat. Add the remaining oil and coat the pan. Add the left over garlic cloves and sauté for half a minute. Add the strained porcini water, 2 ¾ cups milk, the remaining salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Now, in a small bowl, combine the remaining milk and the flour with a whisk. Add this mixture to the milk mixture and let it simmer for about 2 minutes, until it gets slightly thick by constantly stirring using a whisk.
- Coat an 11×7 inch ceramic or glass baking dish with cooking spray and spoon ½ cup of the sauce into it. Now top with 3 lasagna noodles. Over the noodles, spread half of the mushroom mixture and repeat the layers. Top with remaining sauce. Lastly, sprinkle the cheese over the lasagna.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until it is golden. Top with the leftover chopped chives and enjoy!
Image via: Delish
This recipe might not be the quickest or easiest recipe, but the result is definitely worth the effort! This week try this Savory Vegetarian Mushroom Lasagna Recipe and tell us what you think! Your visiting guests and family are bound to love it!
For more easy recipes on Stagetecture, click here.