Summer is synonymous with fresh flower and especially for lovely summer weddings. The season has its own charm and fresh flowers in a multitude of colors are a bonus. A floral crown can add a magical touch to your whimsical summer evenings outdoors. Pick a bunch of your favorite assorted flowers and get down to surprising your girlfriends with these easy DIY floral crowns.
Easy DIY Wedding Ideas: Summer Floral Crown
Image via: Etsy – Wedding Floral Crown – Serenity
Wedding Floral Crown Materials:
Assorted fresh flowers
Thin floral wire
How to Make a Flower Crown Video:
For a link to the floral crown video, see it here.
Floral Crown Directions:
- Pick your favorite flowers. Take a mix of big and small blooms along with some green foliage. Trim the stem to 2- 3 inches in length.
- Play around with an arrangement of flowers for the crown. Before you start lay out the arrangement on a table. Click some pictures so you can remember the one you most liked.
- Take a measuring tape and measure around your head to arrive at the circumference required. Take a piece of thick wire and create a round wire crown according to the measurement. The wire will make your floral crown sturdy and durable. Create a hook at the two ends of the thick wire so it is easier to put on and take off the crown.
- Use the thin floral wire and floral tape to secure your flowers to the wire crown. Wrap the stem with wire and tape over to hold the flowers in place. Make sure to distribute the weight of the flowers evenly around the crown wire.
- For larger and heavier flowers like roses and peonies, you make want to add extra tape for sturdiness.
- Clip of extra wire or stem and tape off any loose wire ends to avoid scratches.
- You can also attach a piece of ribbon and create a bow to add on the magical feel of the floral crown.
Image via: Etsy – Wedding Flowers Crown Ideas – Serenity
For more floral crown ideas visit How To Make A Burlap Wreath!
Floral crowns are best made with fresh flowers, but you can also create this easy DIY with silk or any other fabric as well. Readymade silk flowers are available at hobby shops. Although silk flower crowns are much more durable, fresh floral crowns will lend a magical touch to your outdoor set up. Imagine yourself enjoying whiffs of fresh roses from the crown every time the summer breeze blows.
For more wedding flower ideas on Stagetecture, click here.