Cards are a great way to say how much you appreciate and love someone. To make a card even more special for Father’s Day, think about preparing with the kids or by yourself a thoughtful unique card. Use our 3 ideas to get you inspired, gather the simple supplies and make a one of a kind card that will bring happiness to such a special person as your dad on Father’s Day.
Father’s Day: 3 Unique DIY Cards He’ll Love!
Image via: BHG
1. Father’s Day Shirt Pocket Card
- A cute handkerchief
- Some tracing paper
- Fabric markers
- One sheet gray and one sheet blue card stock
- A small button and some ribbon
- A stapler, craft glue
To make this fun card, you will need to first draw a simple pocket pattern on a white piece of paper. Next, trace the pocket pattern and cut it out. Use the marker to draw the pattern shape on the grey card stock twice and cut out the two pockets.
- Now it’s time to think about the message you would like to write to the person the card is intended for. Write the message on a simple piece of paper first until you have the look you want. Next, take the handkerchief and place its corner over the paper, taking care that the corner is facing up. Now trace your message with the fabric marker and make a heart or other symbols with other colors.
- To decorate the card even more, take a long enough piece of ribbon to line one of the pockets. Glue the button in the middle of the ribbon. Using the stapler, staple the two pocket together, taking care to leave the top open. Now line the pocket with the prepared ribbon using glue, in order to cover the staples.
- After the glue has dried, the only thing that remains to be done is the card background. To make it, just cut a 6×9 inch rectangle out of the blue card stock and fold it in half. Glue the wrong side of your prepared pocket on the front of the card and let it dry. Now just tuck the handkerchief with care into the pocket letting your message stick out.
2. Individual Father’s Day Card
Image via: HGTV
- Gray card stock
- Colored patterned paper
- Assorted die cuts
- Decorations of choice (buttons, twine, etc.)
- Permanent pen
- Glue, craft scissors
- Cut a 8×5 inch rectangle out of the grey card stock and fold it in half. Cut a smaller piece out of the orange paper, so it will fit on the front half of the card, leaving a small edge. Glue the orange paper on the front half of the card. Cut a somewhat smaller piece than the orange piece out of the blue paper and glue on the orange paper.
- Now choose some meaningful die cuts and arrange them on your background, securing them with glue. With the permanent marker, write a cool message add a cool message. Make two small holes in the card’s spine and feed the twine through them, making sure to wrap around the card one or two times. Use the ends of the twine and some glue to secure the buttons.
3. Father’s Day Card with a Punch
Image via: Martha Stewart
- Glue Pen
- Screw Punch
- Craft paper (various colors)
- First, cut a 7×10 inch piece of paper and fold in half. Next, cut two smaller pieces out of the craft paper, one measuring 4×6 inches and the other 3×5 inches. Take the 4×6 piece and glue it to the center of the front half of the card. With a pencil, trace a meaningful word on the 3×5 piece of paper.
- Use the screw punch to punch the message into the paper, using your traced message as a guide. Leave an even amount of space between the holes for a better result. When finished, just glue this final piece of paper onto the card and you are done.
Any one of the above ideas will bring a huge smile on dad’s face, not only for the message written on the card, but even more because of the time and effort you put into crafting it. Use the ideas to make your very own, personal and unique Father’s Day Card.
For more Father’s Day ideas on Stagetecture, click here.