Entry #1411, July 25, 2012
There are times when you just have to maximize your time and you cannot afford to move from your office desk while eating. While it may save you time so you can continue working, it may also be a health threat due to foods and bacteria presence.
The presence of dust and dirt accumulated by electronic components and your office supplies are not cleaned as often as your dinner table or countertops. Germs and microbes can be present and may be part of your meal.
To avoid these problems, here are some helpful tips when you have to eat at your desk:
• Eat non-greasy snacks and stay away from chips, bite-size crackers, pancakes, bread and the other non oily snacks. Use utensils and avoid using your bare hands because you will still need to touch the computer keyboard, mouse and other office supplies.
• If you cannot avoid greasy food and you have to eat with your bare hands, consider having baby wipes, paper towels and hand sanitizer so you can frequently sanitize your hands. This will help you avoid contaminating your gadgets and electronic devices from getting greasy.
• Make sure to use a cup with a lid. Also, place the cup to a certain distance, far enough to avoid getting bumped with your hand movements.
• Throw food remains or trash away in the kitchen not at your desk trash bin. This well help your office from smelling and attracted unwanted visitors… eeww!
• Before going to your home office, pack your lunch and bring with you the necessary sanitary materials after you will eat those foods at your desk.
It helps when you have your own placemat and table napkins as well, in case of your food spilling over. This will provide comfort and worry-free meals at your office desk. Use these helpful tips today and make your office desk a healthy place to be.
For more home office ideas on Stagetecture, click here.