Trying to make a trendy mason jar chandelier? It seems that everyone has taken a liking to mason jar chandeliers made popular by rustic home decor stores. Now there has been quite a few people developing their own DIY chandelier versions that look just as good but without the high cost! Take a look at this DIY mason jar chandelier video for creating your own mason jar chandelier and find directions and supplies to make your own.
There’s no doubt that chandeliers can enhance a home’s interior. This is not only for decorations but for better lighting as well. The cluster of bulbs that are arranged creatively are so glamorous and elegant to see.
There are quite a number of chandeliers available in the market. But it will have a greater impact if you do it yourself. You don’t have to look any further for materials because you can create a chandelier out of the mason jars you have at home.
How to Make a Mason Jar Chandelier
You Tube video – How to make a Mason Jar chandelier
Mason Jar Chandelier Materials:
Flat cord wire
Base (wood, metal or anything that can hold the jars)
How to Make a Chandelier Directions:
- Prepare all the materials.
- Drill a hole in the center of each Mason jar lid. This hole should be fitting to the steel nipples.
- Then, drill at least 4 to 5 small holes in your Mason jar lids. This will provide the necessary exhaust for the heat produced by the bulb.
- Attach the steel nipples in each lid and secure it using the hex nuts with the washers.
- Insert the flat cord wire in the steel nipple. At the end of the wire, screw the wire to the bulb receptacle. Connect the bulb into the receptacle and seal the lid. Do this step in all the mason jars.
- Ensure that all electrical connections are done accurately. Take note that electrical safety should be your priority. Also, it is very important to make it neat and clean.
- Fasten each wire connected with the mason jar to the base. Do this according to your desired style.
- Connect all wires in parallel. Arranged the wires properly so that it will not look messy.
- Securely fasten the mason jar chandelier on your ceiling.
This personalized mason jar chandelier will surely be an eye-catching fixture at home.
For more DIY ideas on Stagetecture, click here.