For this year’s Memorial Day, sweeten it up with a dessert that will have you and your guest screaming for more! Taking classic dessert treats such as Ice Cream Sandwiches, Cool Whip and Oreo for some and putting them all together to make an almost cookies and cream cake for everyone to enjoy for your Memorial Day Dessert Recipe! The recipe is quick, simple and delicious just follow the directions and serve for your Memorial Day Dessert Recipe!
Memorial Day Dessert Recipe: Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Image via: Food Fanatic
- 24 Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 (8-ounce) thawed Cool Whip ® Topping containers
- 1 (12-ounce) Jar of Hot Fudge Ice Cream Topping, warmed
- 1 (12-ounce) Jar of Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- ¼ cup of Chopped Pecans (or more for taste)
- *Optional: 12-20 Crushed Oreo Cookies
Image via: Just a Pinch
- First take the ice cream sandwiches and lay them on the bottom of a 9×13-inch dish, then top that layer with some of the cool whip topping. Next, layer the cool whip with some of the hot fudge topping, the caramel topping and another layer of cool whip topping.
- *(Or before adding the second layers of cool whip, add on some of the crushed Oreo cookies.)
- After you have added the second layer of cool whip then sprinkle the top with the chopped pecans, and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Set the dish in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then take out the dish, cut the cake into squares and Enjoy your Memorial Day Dessert Recipe!
Image via: Go Dairy Free