Is one of your New Year resolutions to do more crafts? This is a perfect fit! It is a simple DIY project that does not require much time. You will no longer have to get late to work every morning because you were looking for keys; they will have a central home. The good thing about the craft is that most of the things you need are readily available in stores. You might even have them in your home. Follow these simple instructions and you’ll be done in no time.
Simple DIY Project: Picture Frame Key Holder
Things You Will Need
- Wood picture frame
- Screw hooks
- Paint (optional)
- Adornments (optional)
- A screwdriver
- A Frame
- Tailor’s Chalk or pencil
- Protective glasses
- Craft Glue
- Wear the protective glasses because wood and glass may break or splinter.
- Remove the glass from the picture frame and store it well. Use the pliers to remove the stapes securing the glass.
- Beautify your picture frame by painting it. Most picture frames are dull and need freshening up. Apply 2-3 coats of paint to cover the frame. You can also paint the hooks.
- Use the chalk or pencil to mark where you want to place the hooks. You can use many hooks depending on the size of the frame.
- Once you make the markings, drill holes into the frame.
- Screw in the hooks and adjust them to create a uniform look.
- Fix the embellishments to the frame using craft glue.
- Mount the frame on your wall and hang your keys.
Nothing compares to the joy you get from creating things. Whether you are an amateur or an expert, you will enjoy this DIY project. It is fun, easy, beautiful, and functional. Your visitors will be amazed at your creativity and your friends will want to know how you made it. For a unique look, buy a beautiful vintage frame from an antique store. You can also decorate the frame with seasonal flowers or sprigs. It can be as simple or as fancy as you want it to be. You can even make it the focal point of your living room.
How would you decorate your picture frame key holder?