Entry #2440, May 21, 2013
Cool down with your Memorial Day Picnic with these refreshing and vibrant drink recipes. The drinks are simple to make and infused with rich, strong herbs and/or fruit flavors that will be refreshing to you and your guests at the picnic. These liquid concoctions will ensure satisfied mouths and big smiles for the rest of the day! Pick a recipe and try it out!
Blackberry Crush Cocktail
Image via: Pinterest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Simple Syrup*
1 1/4 ounces vodka
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
Directions for Simple Syrup
- In a saucepan, boil sugar and water over medium-high heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely before using.
Directions for Cocktail
- In a glass, combine blackberries, lemon juice, and simple syrup; lightly crush berries to release their juice. Add ice and vodka; top with seltzer. Stir to combine. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Watermelon Lemonade Cocktail Recipe
Image via: Piccante Dolce. Blogspot
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 medium seedless watermelon (about 9 pounds), rind removed, flesh cut into chunks
- 1 cup vodka (optional)
- Squeeze lemons into a large pitcher; add squeezed lemon quarters. Add mint and sugar; mash with a wooden spoon until mint is bruised and sugar is dissolved.
- In a blender, puree watermelon in batches until smooth; pour through a fine-mesh sieve into pitcher (you should have about 8 cups of juice). Stir to combine. (Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days.) Add vodka, if using; serve over ice
For more summer recipes on Stagetecture, click here.