Entry #1845, November 19, 2012
Want to have a hot drink that will energize your day? Try this Mexican hot chocolate with coconut whipped cream hot drink to boost your energy and get yourself into the groove. This is not your ordinary hot chocolate as it comes with a coconut whipped cream that provides a soothing taste and relaxing aroma. You can try this at home and savor the difference. Thank you to the Minimalist Baker for his recipe!
Mexican Hot Chocolate w/ Coconut Whipped Cream
Image – Minimalist Baker
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (You can 1/2 full fat coconut milk and 1/2 vanilla almond milk)
- 3 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder, or more of intense chocolate flavor
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar, depending on your taste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (For sweeter option, you can opt to use Vietnamese cinnamon)
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg and cayenne
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a low simmer over medium heat.
- Add cocoa powder, sugar, salt, vanilla and spices and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Serve warm with coconut (or regular) whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Visit the Minimalist Baker to know how to make the coconut whipped cream!
Pair this with your favorite bread or a sandwich and you will surely have a perfect day ahead.
For more food recipes and international cuisine, click here.