A Healthy Mexican recipe has always been a favorite of mine. Growing up in Colorado, my family used to visit New Mexico, Utah and Arizona on family trips and growing up with the authentic flavors of the southwest and Mexico are in my blood. 🙂 Today I found this delicious Huevos Rancheros breakfast that is inspired by my love for delicious flavors. Enjoy!
Healthy Mexican Recipe: Easy Huevos Rancheros
Pico de Gallo
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 soft corn tortillas (6 inch)
1 can (16 oz) refried beans
2 tablespoons water
2avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese (4 oz)
Easy Mexican Recipes Directions:
1. In small bowl, mix all pico de gallo ingredients; set aside.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add tortillas, one at a time; cook 1 to 2 minutes, turning once, until crisp and lightly browned. Drain on paper towels; cover to keep warm.
3. In small saucepan, heat refried beans over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat same nonstick skillet over medium heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into custard cup or small bowl; carefully slide egg into skillet. Add water. Cover; cook until whites and yolks are firm, not runny.
5. To serve, spread warm refried beans over crisp tortillas. Top each with 1 fried egg. Garnish with pico de gallo and sliced avocados. Sprinkle with cheese.
For more Easy Mexican recipes on Stagetecture, click here.