Need a little help with dinner tonight? Well try out this recipe for your cooking block from Real Simple Magazine. The herb roasted chicken with broccoli pesto tortellini will not only leave your family full but also give them a delicious taste for them to remember. This chicken recipe brings in the refreshing flavors of the herbs and combines them with the saltiness of the chicken and the creamy goodness of the tortellini that will make this dish a family favorite.
Herb Roasted Chicken with Broccoli Pesto Tortellini
Image via: Temp-tations
1lb Bunch of Broccoli (trimmed and cut into florets)
4 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of fresh Rosemary (chopped)
1 teaspoon of Lemon zest (finely grated, and 2 whole lemons quartered)
Kosher Salt (To taste)
Black Pepper (To taste)
1 cup of Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley Leaves
2 ¼ cup of Olive Oil
2 tablespoons of Toasted Pine Nuts
1 ounce of Parmesan cheese (grated to ¼ cup, and more for the dish)
1 pound of Fresh or Frozen Cheese Tortellini
For the Herb Roasted Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For this chicken recipe, start with a large rimmed baking sheet, and place the chicken, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon quarters, ¾ teaspoon of kosher salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper in it. Stick the chicken in the oven and roast it with the skin-side up first for about 35-40 minutes. Then turn off the oven and take the baking sheet, remove the chicken and lemon quarters to a serving dish.
Image via: Food Network
For the Broccoli Pesto Tortellini:
- While the chicken is cooking, in a large boiling pot of salted watered cook the broccoli for about 2-4 minutes or until it becomes a firm yet tender. Then move the broccoli to a plate for cooling but save the boiling water for the tortellini.
- Once the broccoli has been cooled down enough; in a food processor pulse the broccoli, parsley, oil, pine nuts, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon of kosher salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper until the mixture becomes finely chopped (approx. 15-20 seconds).
- Follow the package directions for cooking the tortellini, setting aside ¾ cup of the cooking water. Then drain the tortellini and place them back into the pot, then add in the pesto and the ¼ cup of the reserved cooking water. Toss the mixture until it is all combined together. (if you need more water to help loosen the sauce then feel free to add more.)
- Finally, along with the herb roasted chicken on the serving dish add on a few scoops of the broccoli tortellini and Enjoy! Also if you want to, you can add more Parmesan to your liking!
The herb roasted chicken and pesto tortellini will definitely be a meal that you won’t go wrong with. The chicken recipe has all of the healthy and light ingredients that will give you the energy that will give you a peaceful night of rest and have you ready for the next day’s challenges. So don’t let this recipe pass you by, get up and try it out tonight and see how you and your family will fall in love utter bliss with it.
For more easy dinner meals on Stagetecture, click here.